The James Firm


Business Licensing

NYS Department of Taxation and Finance

Many types of businesses need permits and licenses including a New York State Certificate of Authority. A Certificate of Authority must be applied for if you will be making taxable sales. Our Firm regularly guides new business owners through the very complicated and delicate process of obtaining a Certificate of Authority and many other licenses and permits issued by the NYS Department of Taxation and Finance and from other state agencies.

NYS Liquor Authority (SLA)

Any time that alcoholic beverages are dispersed to individuals within the New York State, a permit or license must first be obtained from the New York State Liquor Authority. There are different types of licenses and permits such as:

  • Restaurant Liquor License

  • Restaurant Wine, Beer, and Cider License

  • Grocery Store Beer and Wine License

  • Liquor Store

  • Hotel Liquor

  • Club Liquor

  • Seasonal Liquor

  • Caterer's License

  • Wine and Beer Permit (one time use)

  • Caterer's Permit (one time use)

For more Information visit our Liquor Licensing page.

Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOH)

Our experience and knowledge of the Health Code and OATH Tribunal directly benefits our clients, whether we representing a client at a tribunal hearing or appealing a decision rendered. The grading system is complex and evolves ever so often. We zealously fight to lower fines and improves letter grades after unfair inspection findings.